We all know that ideas can strike anyone, anytime! What if these ideas are related to your WordPress website you just launched? You may be eager to put these ideas on your website really fast and you finally decide to release new features on your website.
In another case, your website is live for months and years and it’s good time to put your website into maintenance mode for that much-needed update. Not to mention, abrupt issues related to your WordPress website can arise anytime. This will call for putting your WordPress website into maintenance mode.
Let your website visitors know what’s happening behind the scenes with these awesome and useful plugins. Your website visitors will thank you if you tell them what’s up and coming soon! Mention the number of days your website will remain under maintenance mode. Wouldn’t it be a nice thing? Certainly.
The maintenance mode plugins will serve the primary goal as well as let your users know that something really interesting and cool is coming up. This is necessary because some users will even not care to visit your website again.
On a positive note, if you promise to bring something really useful and interesting in their way when they visit your website again, chances are high that they will take time out to look up to your website for sure.
5 Beneficial WordPress Maintenance Mode Plugins
Without further ado, let’s have a look at what all WordPress maintenance mode plugins will come handy in the situations mentioned above.
Elementor: Build Your “Coming Soon” Page from Scratch!
Elementor – A very popular page builder in the directory of wordpress.org. Page builder on the list of maintenance mode plugins? Are we mistaken? No! You can absolutely design your maintenance mode page using this dynamic page builder interface.
Pre-built templates will save your time or just design the page as you wish from scratch. Once you are ready with your design, don’t forget switching to maintenance mode in Elementor.
It is in your control to design the page as per wishes which are a very flexible option. If you are already a fan of Elementor, you now know how to use it if you need to put your website to maintenance mode.
Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode
Another very dynamic and robust maintenance mode plugin that will come handy when you want to put your website to maintenance mode. It is a very popular plugin but it is not free of cost. No doubt, it’s numbers of added benefits and features justify its price tag.
Let’s have a look at the features:
- What you get in this plugin as an added feature is a countdown timer.
- Another feature is an AJAX opt-in form for email marketing.
- You get a bunch of social media icons to custom build your maintenance page. Not 10 or 20, 100+ social media icons to choose from! Really an awesome premium benefit.
- Exclusion of users based on IP address to see the maintenance page.
- Powered by jQuery, design a full-sized slideshow for the coming soon page.
Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode by SeedProd
We see a very good number of active installs on this plugin’s WordPress.org official page. Approx. 500,000+ active installs and 2105 5-star ratings are something to envy for. It is a well-known plugin and at the time of writing this article, we see that it is updated 7 days ago. A bonus point on that!
The pro version will let you have these benefits:
- Users who are not logged into your website will see the WordPress maintenance mode page.
- You get a secret bypass link to ignore the maintenance mode page. (Isn’t it amazing?)
- Referral system for tracking.
- It’s important to be social at all times and this plugin understands it. You get a ton of social media sharing icons.
- And tons of other benefits…
Great features come in the pro version and the free version will serve as a basic tool. It is priced at $29. Go on with this plugin without any second thoughts!
WP Maintenance Mode
WP Maintenance Mode comes with an awesome 4-star rating just behind the plugin by Seed Prod. If we talk about the popularity of this plugin, it is just behind Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode by SeedProd.
What can we expect from this WordPress plugin are the following powerful features:
- Subscribe to newsletter form.
- Contact forms for better communication even if your website is not live.
- Social media icons for social sharing. It means even if your website is not launched, you will still see people sharing the things with you!
There are many customization features too:
- You can easily customize the texts, colors, and backgrounds.
- Exclusion of certain URLs from maintenance mode is made possible using this plugin.
- Exclusion of certain user roles from the maintenance mode of the WordPress website.
- Even search engines can bypass the maintenance mode if this plugin is used.
The reviews and the feedback on the official WordPress website are worth reading for a better choice of the plugins for your own website.
- A thing which is on many trends these days is blurred background effect.
- The full-screen background is also much in a trend which this plugin will let you create.
- Put your own logo and texts for that added branding and identity features.
A cookie point using this plugin is that you can exclude some pages from the maintenance mode so you don’t need to put the complete website in maintenance mode.
How to Choose the Plugin Apt for Your WordPress Website?
A worthy suggestion we would like to give here is that never let your website visitors go empty-handed from your website.
So, whatever plugin you choose from the list above for your WordPress website, make sure it has some or many engaging features that will keep your website visitors busy all the way. These may be giving out your social media links or giving them an option to subscribe to your newsletter or when the website is live again in a whole new avatar!
It’s a chance where you can retain your website audience and impress them by telling them that you are definitely working on something amazing that they can’t miss out. It will ensure that they will keep in mind the reason for visiting your website again.
Which of these WordPress maintenance mode plugins are your favorites?
Latest posts by Juana Steves (see all)
- 5 Top-notch WordPress Maintenance Mode Plugins - December 7, 2017
- Top 10 Best WordPress Plugin Development Companies in 2017 - November 3, 2017
Where Should We Send
Your WordPress Deals & Discounts?
Subscribe to Our Newsletter and Get Your First Deal Delivered Instant to Your Email Inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.